Saturday 21 March 2015

Best Music to Listen to Whilst Reading Fantasy. Seeking Inspiration.

I used to listen to music whilst reading fantasy. My favourite was Hergest Ridge by Mike Oldfield whilst reading Lord of the Rings. Years later and the music still reminds me of the first time I read the books.

Ommadawn, another Mike Oldfield track, was excellent with Lord Foul's Bane (Stephen Donaldson). There was a drum track that built to a really excellent crescendo. Brilliant. Again, some track remind me of the first time I read these books.

Another favourite is Enya. Nice background music whilst reading. I don't think I've ever recaptured the feeling of listening to Hergest Ridge and Lord of the Rings but I keep trying.

Anyone else associate a piece of music to a particular book?

No comments:

Post a Comment