Monday 15 June 2015

Book Review, War of the Dwarves - Markus Heitz

The War of the Dwarves (The Dwarves, #2)The War of the Dwarves by Markus Heitz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nice thing is - it is a long book, so value for money. Overall, it's entertaining but not a page-turner and, unlike some books, I didn't find myself compelled to read late into the night. The characters are good generally but there are times when they are a little too comical. You do want the central hero, Tungdil, to do well and he does. There are some nice twists to keep the story from being too straightforward, but the plot is fairly predictable at times. Telling the tale from the dwarves viewpoint is nice and you do find yourself rooting for them. I preferred book 1 as I felt that, after a slow start, there was more twists than book 2 which for me was a little too obvious. Having said that, it was a fun book and good value for money, given the size of it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment