Thursday 24 April 2014

The Way of Shadows - Brent Weeks.

The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1)The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this and would recommend it. Reminds me of the game - assassin's creed. Characterisation is good and the tale is very brutal at times. Very gritty and lots of character detail. The thieves are very believable characters and very well developed.

Kylar is brought up in the gutters and dreams of finding a way out. His path crosses that of one of the top assassins and, crazy as it seems, he is smitten with the idea of becoming one.

Good plot with plenty of suspense. As a warning though, Brent Weeks has lots of imagination but reading his books can at times be a challenge. I read a few paragraphs and was left wondering what I'd just read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment