Saturday 4 October 2014

The Heresy Within by Rob J Heyes

The Heresy Within (The Ties That Bind, #1)The Heresy Within by Rob J. Hayes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Wow, I struggled initially and some of the writing put me off but then I was gripped. it's the wild west set in Africa with a fantasy edge. The characters slowly grow on you and then grip you. Arbiters are witch hunters and one man - Black Thorn seems out to kill as many as Arbiters as he can. His face is burned from one confrontation, but that doesn't stop him trying.

Thanquil Darkheart is an arbiter on a quest and of course his path crosses Thorn's but the tale is not obvious and there's plenty of twists. It's a dark fantasy with some interesting female leads. The writing is gritty and to the point. It is not always easy to read, but it is well worth the effort. I'm definitely buying the next volume. A good read with memorable characters.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment