Sunday 22 June 2014

Review of The Key -- Simon Toyne

The KeyThe Key by Simon Toyne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

For a best seller I struggled with this and found I could only read a few pages a night. I nearly gave up on several occasions, but I am glad I persevered. The premise had significant potential but I found myself not drawn to the characters and not really caring about the plot for much of the book. However, it did pick up and the ending improved.

There were parts of the plot though that seemed contrived, e.g. with the two central characters having a very short amount of time to find a key location, with no real idea of where it is and then surprisingly finding it having set off in an almost random direction.

Overall, a little disappointing. Happy to take advice on potential of his other novels. I did like the premise -- that had massive potential.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment