Saturday 9 June 2012

Snow White Review

Not sure what to make of it. The CGI was very good. With this standard a remake of Lord of the Rings would be amazing. Not that we need a remake just yet. The tale was dark as expected, but it kept too much to the fairy tale to be too dark. Instead it relied on the CGI. There was a lot of familiar scenes nabbed from other tales to extend the story line. I won't spoil those parts for folks, but as a fantasy fan I was a bit disappointed. There was scope for a bit more originality. The evil characters were truly evil, or at least they shouted a lot to convey that they were baddies. After so much shouting I started to cringe when the next dark villain appeared.

Of the three recent films I've seen, this one, Men in Black and Prometheus, I preferred the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment