Monday 31 August 2015

Editing your Book

Found an interesting article on Editing you book prior to publishing
http://selfpubauthors.com/2015/08/30/so-you-want-to-publish-a-book-post-1-is-your-book-ready-to-be-published/

My comment was:
I am not sure it is easy to edit your own book. You (blog author) sound like you can and that is a rare skill. I found that I became over familiar with my book and so editing became quite difficult. I paid to have it edited and that is a major pitfall for self-published authors as it's (a) expensive and (b) hit and miss whether you will find someone that is good (at a reasonable cost). There's a huge number of people claiming to be editors and there is a wide range of editing types and most only offer a copy edit due to cost and for many books -- that's not enough. You need to find plot holes and inconsistencies as well as grammar faults.

No comments:

Post a Comment