Monday 22 December 2014

Empire of the Moghul

Raiders from the North (Empire of the Moghul, #1)Raiders from the North by Alex Rutherford
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I saw someone reading this on a train and liked the look of the cover. Also, being historical fiction attracted me to this book. An interesting period in history with a descendant of Genghis Khan, Babur, trying to forge his own empire. Barbur's path is not plane sailing and there's plenty of downs as well as ups. That makes an interesting tale and at times you wonder what drove him on. I preferred Conn Iggulden's books on Genghis Khan but Empire of the Moghul was still good. It didn't quite capture the people in the way Conn Iggulden's books do, but it's still a good read. It's worth understanding how one man never gave up on his dreams after many setbacks. The period is also interesting as cannon start to creep into the tale.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment