Sunday 8 September 2013

Stupid Things I've Done

Every year for a period of about 10-12 years I went to York to take part in the Viking festival. Really amazing event and I loved the historic city of York. Whilst taking a break after practice fighting in the morning I arranged to meet my wife in BHS coffee shop. This was on the third floor of a very busy department store.

On the third floor I turned around looking for my wife and heard a clink. At this point I need to say that I was wearing full Saxon armour including a very large round shield and a 9 foot spear over my shoulder. I had wandered into the lighting section which was festooned with hundreds of lamps hanging from the ceiling and a very narrow aisle again with lots of glass on shelves.

I had a real problem extracting myself with a spear and shield and fortunately I managed to do so without any damage. I felt like a real numpty though.


No comments:

Post a Comment