Saturday 15 December 2012

The Hobbit - a review

What's to be said? Outstanding. Best film I've ever seen. Outstrips Lord of the Rings in my view. Part of my reasoning is the length of the film allows character and atmospheric development. It matches the simplicity of the beginning of the original book and Gandalf is clearly building in his role.

I am a fantasy fan and the Hobbit will not appeal to everyone, but if you are a fan it is marvellous. It's not overlong as some folk are suggesting and Peter Jackson and team have done an excellent job of adding value to the original book. Jackson is the Einstein of the film world.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am tempted to see it but dismayed that there are 3 separate films. I guess I will have to brave the crowds and see it for myself...thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete