Wednesday 26 September 2012

FantasyCon - Oh Dear!

Off to FantasyCon this weekend. It's organised by the British Fantasy Society. Not sure what I'll make of it as I've not been before. I have visions of Sheldon and Leonard (Big Bang Theory) going to something similar - fantasy convention. Does that make me a nerd?

Anyway, I hope it will be fun. My son wants to meet Brent Weeks. He's just finished The Black Prism and is raving about it. I hope to read it soon.

I have just read The Dwarves by Markus Heitz. Very slow book to start with but what an ending! Excellent read. Characterisation is brilliant with some characters extremely likeable and others less so. It's a hit in Europe and the chap deserves to do well everywhere. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of twists and turns and unexpected parts to the plot. Good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment